Thursday, February 18, 2010

Southern Snow


A few weeks ago we finally got a good snow. These are far and few between now. I just love the way it looks when the snow falls on the fields. God blanketed our whole area with several inches.  This old tractor shed sits in the field directly behind our house. It is one of my favorite pictures in the winter.


Bama really didn't seem to mind the snow!


When I was younger and it would snow, we would get the old big red three-wheeler that was my grandfather's out and play. Now, my cousins get to ride behind it like I did when I was there age.



Our neighbor even came over and pulled the girls behind the Bonnie Lee. The three-wheeler needed a break.  After all it is from 1970 something!


This is the first big snow the girls have ever got to play in. They made sure to make the most of it.




Here is a family picture.



The view from our house is so beautiful when its snows. It is hard to believe that we live in town with all this land around us.




I actually got to get the sled I got for Christmas when I was 6 out and put it in the snow. I think this is the first time it has been out since 1987. It still hasn't really been used and probably won't be. The man at the hardware told Dad this type of sled is expensive now. So I guess I will just save it!


And yes that is me. Mom made me pose for the picture in all my garb. I am wearing a pair of Dad's coveralls from the 1970s. They are my new fave for cold weather and snow, even though I look ridiculous, because they are so warm and dry.

All in all we had a wonderful afternoon in the snow.  It was wonderful to spend time with family and enjoy the beauty of God's majesty.

1 comment:

  1. How much fun! I don't think you look ridiculous. You look warm and that is all that matters. You should see me when i play in the snow - or when I walk down to get the mail...I never match - I always grab the warmest things I have so I end up looking like a overstuffed rainbow colored carebear. I know Bama isn't cold but I just want to wrap him up in a blanket and spoon feed him beef stew. Such a sweet picture!

    ReplyDelete